Globally, revenues related to sports events are growing every year, and the revenue from sponsorships are the most important factors behind that growth.
At a compound annual growth rate of 6.1% over the five years leading up to 2015, sports sponsorship revenues are growing faster in North America than anywhere else in the world.
In fact, revenue from sports sponsorship represents 70% of all sponsorship revenues in North America. By 2018, sports sponsorship spending by North American companies is expected to reach 17.6 Billion dollars.
It’s easy to see why sports sponsorship revenues are growing so consistently when you look at the benefits it provides.
Sponsoring community sports, specifically, lets you:
• Reach consumers at a grassroots level
• Promote exercise & a healthy lifestyle
• Engage with fans at a deep & emotional level
• Obtain great value at an affordable cost
• Support the community from the grassroots level
• Enhance and be a part of the experience
• Maximize brand visibility and awareness
• Enhance the perception of your company
Find out more about sport sponsorship trends in our infographic:
There are great examples of sports sponsorship at every level, from Chevrolet handing out hockey helmets to parents for their children, to the 5.5 year 171 Euro Qatar foundation sponsorship of the football club of Barcelona.
To find out about exciting sports sponsorship opportunities at a local level, contact Rec Media today. And if you liked this post, please let us know by signing up for our email list.